Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Internship-my 1st step of professinal life


6 weeks’ internship at AAJ TAK AhmadabadMy internship at AAJ TAK was my step towards my professional career. I don’t have journalistic background so it was very important period of my life. I was totally blank on the first day of my internship. I went to my office at panchavati, Ahmadabad on 1st may and as I entered in the office there was only a security guard and a peon. I sat beside the reception for around 2 hours. I was very happy and I was waiting for my sir Mr. Dhimant Purohit. After this much time peon gave me Sir’s mobile no. and I called him he asked me to join office from 4th may carelessly. My enthusiasm came down. I was staying at my home Nadiad so went back.

On 4th may again recharging myself I entered to my office and there was the atmosphere for what I was looking desperately. I met everyone ther- Dhimant sir (bureau chief) Ms.Gopi(Special correspondent),Ujjval oza and Sajid alam(cameramen). They all were typical Gujaratis I mean sweet, smiling, and fond of eating good food in heavy quantity and hard working by birth.First week was for introduction, to learn basics of news channel, time code writing and script writing.

These were a post election period and results of elections were yet to declare so all the news was coming from Delhi only. I got irritated after 10 days of my joining I asked myself “what kind internship is this? Did I come here travelling1500 km. to just write 2 scripts a day?” Hardly 4-5 times I went on reporting during first week

But my irritation got converted into enthusiasm and hard working from 16th of May. There was a result of election on that day. I left my home early morning 3.00 am and caught train to Ahmadabad. From morning 5.30 to evening 7.30 I was busy.
During these days I was working with Ms.Gopi after that first time I went with Dhimant Sir on 18th may for reporting. Ms.Gopi was pregnant so after 20th may she just came to office and assigned me all the work.

This was a golden chance for me. Before me no other internee at any news channel got chance to go on reporting alone with cameramen. It was a great feeling when I introduce myself to police commissioner, IAS officer or any other guy that “Vijay Shah-reporter of AAJ TAK” having a logo of AAJ TAK in hand.

I got chance to interview an IAS officer and a parents whose daughter was at Australia. I did VOX POP for Headlines today for 3 times. I was very happy with that though only my hand came on TV. Suddenly the conman Ashok Jadeja’s case came in to news from Ahmadabad as everyday’s package story. He has cheated thousands of people but he became god’s grace for me that I got lot of work and chance to show my talent (Am I becoming over professional??!!)
I build very good repo with other news channels’ reporters and cameramen also.

11th June was my Birth day. And I went to reporting where one bank cashier was beaten up
badly and looted. Than I realize that even happiest day of your life can turn in to bloody day.

This all things has made me very much practical and shown me the real face of journalism.

In short I can say that these six weeks were of full enthusiasm, fun and learning. I am very
much confident now to perform myself as media personality.
Well at this point of time I am happy that I got chance to work with AAJ TAK and little bit
tense also about my future placements.

8 comments:

  1. hello sir... i am looking for 6-weeks internship in aaj tak,new delhi. i have completed my graduation from delhi university.in B.A.(Hons.)Journalism..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my self in MANJEET SHAH i m looking internship with aaj tak but i don't have any link in media. so can you help me. for your information i complited my greduation in mass com, and eco, + i have certificate in Non Linear Vedio Editing so can you help me.

    Regards
    Manjeet Shah
    9871441651
    defilmeditor@yahoo.com
    DELHI

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello sir i am looking for internship in aaj tak, new delhi and i have completed my mass com (hindi) first year from bhartiya vidya bh

    avan. thanks.... kritijha 9278334421 kritijha555@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO SIR... My Self HIMANSHU SHARMA...I am Looking Internship with Media Industry...But i dont have any link in Media... I have complete my mass communication from Delhi University..

    plz help me What i do ????

    From : HIMANSHU SHARMA
    contect No. 9999932789
    Email : cash3990@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sir..I looking for an internship with aaj tak Delhi,I have written my second year english hons exams.I will be really thankful if you help me.

    email id-rulz.smriti@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO SIR My Self BHUWNESH UPRETI ,I AM COMPLETED MY DIGITAL FILM MAKING COURSE FROM MAAC AND I WANT TO MAKE MY CAREER IN MEDIA (IN EDITING , COMPOSTING , BROADCASTING ETC)
    AND I WANT TO INTERSHIP IN AAJ TAK IN ANY COST SO PLEASE HELP MESIR


    BHUWNESH UPRETI
    PHONE : 08989475171
    E MAIL : bupreti2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. myself farhat naaz and lives in delhi .m selected for the t.v journalism in jamia also.Can u pls help me to get an internship in any hindi news channel.Ajjtak,starnews etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi sir i am parvez from delhi i am persuing diploma multimedia animation from Arena Animation
    sir give me a chance i want to work with aaj tak its my dream i have no experience if u gave me a chance ill definatly gives u 101% wating for ur reply its yes or no ill take both of them with smile...........
    mob-9654080768
    e-mail--rajputraj60@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete